Late/No Show Policy
Thank you for trusting your medical care to Red Hook Family Practice. When you schedule an appointment with Red Hook Family Practice we set aside enough time to provide you with the highest quality care. Should you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment please contact our office as soon as possible, no later than 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. This gives us time to schedule other patients who may be waiting for an appointment.
Late Arrival Policy:
• Patients are asked to arrive to their appointments before their scheduled appointment time. Established patients are to arrive at least 10 minutes before their scheduled appointment time. New patients are to arrive 20 minutes before their scheduled appointment time to allow enough time for the registration process to be completed.
• A grace period of 15 minutes will be permitted for unforeseen delays a patient may encounter while travelling to the clinic location for their appointment. If a patient arrives more than 15 minutes late for an appointment, the appointment may need to be rescheduled to a later time on the same day if the schedule permits, or rescheduled for a later date. This is to ensure patients that do arrive on time are seen in a timely manner.
No Show/Cancellation Policy:
• A “No Show” is a patient who fails to appear or cancel/reschedules a scheduled appointment without providing a 24 hour cancellation notice.
• There is a $50 charge for all No Show visits.
• All patients will have no more than three (3) no show appointments and/or cancelled appointments.
• All patients who have three (3) no show appointments and/or cancellations will no longer be permitted to schedule appointments with Red Hook Family Practice and will only be seen on a walk-in basis.
• The No Show fee is charged to the patient, not the insurance company and is due at the time of the patient’s next office visit.
To assist patients in keeping appointments, Red Hook Family Practice sends out appointment reminder text messages/calls before the patient’s scheduled appointment. The patient is responsible for confirming or cancelling/rescheduling the appointment no less than 24 hours before the scheduled appointment. If you do not receive a reminder text message/call, the above Policy will remain in effect. Please ensure your contact details are up to date.
To cancel or reschedule an appointment please call Red Hook Family Practice at 340 775 2303. This policy is in effect to ensure that all of our patients have the opportunity to be seen in a timely manner.