Covid 19 Services
· This is also knows PCR, Rapid-PCR, NAAT, LAMP, Oral Swab, or, Nasal Swab
· These tests look for the virus’s genetic material and subsequently used to determine an active infection.
· These tests use a sample collected from the nose, throat, or mouth.
· This is the BEST way to know if you are infectious and therefore can spread Covid19 to others. If positive, quarantine and consult your provider.
· Insurance companies will only cover this type of testing in symptomatic patients. Until further notice, we are only offering Antigen Tests.
What do my results mean?
· Negative: no viral genetic material was detected in your nose/throat. This could be a true negative (you are not infected with the virus that causes Covid-19) or a false negative result (you are infected but your test was negative). You may have a false negative if you were tested too soon or too late and there was not enough viral material to detect.
· Positive: viral genetic material was detected in your nose/throat indicating that you have been infected with the virus that causes Covid-19. If you have a positive test you are required to self isolate at home. If you never developed symptoms you can discontinue self isolation 10 days after your positive test. If you developed symptoms you can discontinue self isolation 10 days after your first symptom began AND no fever for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medications AND improvement in other symptoms.
· People can have detectable genetic material/positive test for days, weeks or months. For this reason the CDC does not recommend repeat tests for 3 months for anyone with a history of a positive test.