Covid 19 Services
· This is also known as a Serology, Blood, or Antibody test.
· This is done with a blood draw and detects the presence of antibodies to the virus that cause Covid-19.
· It takes time for your body to produce antibodies, so this test is used to determine if you have a history of Covid-19 infection.
· Antibody tests might tell you if you had a past infection. An antibody test might not show if you have a current infection because it can take 1–3 weeks after infection for your body to make antibodies called Ig M and Ig G. Having antibodies to the virus that causes Covid-19 might provide protection from getting infected with the virus again. If it does, we do not know how much protection the antibodies might provide or how long this protection might last.
· Insurance companies will only cover this type of testing in symptomatic patients. Cost of testing is $150.
· As of July 20, 2021 COVID Antibody testing is not available until further notice.
What do my results mean?
· IgM and IgG both negative: you have not been infected with the virus that causes Covid-19 or you have been tested too soon and your body has not produced detectable antibodies yet. Some people with past infections may no longer have detectable antibody levels after a period of time.
· IgM positive and IgG negative: you have likely been recently (days to 1-2 weeks) infected with the virus that causes Covid-19. Some people may take even longer to develop antibodies, and some people who are infected may not ever develop antibodies. We recommend you have a diagnostic confirmatory test, which is an oral or nasal swab to detect active virus.
· IgM positive and IgG positive: you have likely been infected with the virus that causes Covid-19 2-3 weeks ago.
· IgM negative and IgG positive: your were likely infected with the virus that causes Covid-19 at least 3 weeks ago.
· IG M – means MAYBE and we suggest that you have a diagnostic test.
· IG G – means GONE or GOOD and means you were exposed to Covid-19 and your body has created some immunity but its unclear at this time how long or how effective this immunity is.